Capital Directory is the Publisher for the purposes of these Conditions.
Orders for insertion of advertisements are accepted subject to the following conditions: The Publisher reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions from time to time without notice.
1. The placing of an order for the publication of an advertisement in any newspaper or periodical produced by the Publisher constitutes a warranty from the Advertiser:
1.1 that the advertisement complies with the British Code of Advertising and Sales Promotion.
1.2 that the advertisement is not defamatory and does not infringe the copyright, moral rights or any other rights of any third party
2. The Advertiser agrees to indemnify the Publisher in respect of all costs, claims, damages or other charges arising directly or indirectly as a result of the publication of the advertisement.
3. Classified Advertisers offering goods or services of a business or trade nature will be deemed to be Trade Advertisers and must include their names in advertisements. A telephone number is an optional addition. Trade Advertisers must make it clear they are selling goods in the nature of their business by including words such as “trade”, “dealer” (T) etc., in the advertisement.
4. The Advertiser hereby warrants and represents to the Publisher that it is either the owner of the copyright or has licence to reproduce any advertisement supplied and that all necessary authority and consents have been obtained in the case of pictorial representations of (or purported to be of) living persons.
5. The copyright of and in any artwork, copy and other material which the Publisher or its employees has contributed to or re-worked becomes the copyright of the Publisher. No advertisement may be reproduced in whole or in part without permission from the copyright owner.
6. The Publisher will endeavour to publish the advertisement(s) on the date specified by the Advertiser but the insertion date cannot be guaranteed.
7. The Publisher reserves the right to reject an advertisement or to require any alteration it deems necessary prior to publication whether or not the advertisement has already been accepted for publication and/or to cancel the order at any time even if already accepted on the grounds of good taste or other bona fide reason.
8. It is the responsibility of the Advertiser to check their advertisements and inform the Publisher of any errors immediately. Minor changes which do not affect the integrity of the advertisement do not qualify for re-publication.
9. In the event of any error, misprint or omission in the printing of an advertisement, the Publisher will at its absolute discretion re-insert the advertisement or make reasonable refund or adjustment to the cost. No re-insertion or refund of advertisement will be made where the error, misprint or omission does not materially detract from the advertisement. In no circumstances shall the total liability of the Publisher or any error, misprint or omission exceed the value of the advertisement in connection with which the liability arose nor will the Publisher accept any liability in respect of any loss or damage occasioned, directly or indirectly as a result of such error, misprint or omission.
10. Unless credit terms have been agreed or account facilities granted to an Advertiser, payment must be received in full no later than the day of the booking deadline. Cheques should be made payable to the Publisher.
11. Orders cannot be cancelled once the Publisher has commenced to implement the order in accordance with the request from the Advertiser. E-mail notice of cancellation will be acceptable. Verbal cancellation may be acceptable to the Publisher as long as the name of the person providing the instruction provides their name and receives the relevant cancellation reference number
12. The cost of any advertisement/order placed shall be in accordance with the Publisher’s current rates or as otherwise agreed with the Publisher.
13. Any material submitted by the Advertiser is held by the Publisher at the Advertiser’s risk and should be insured by the Advertiser against loss or damage or copies retained by the Advertiser prior to dispatch.
14. The placing of any advertisement/order shall amount to an acceptance of these Conditions and shall not be subject to any other Conditions whatsoever.
15. These Terms and Conditions should be governed by and construed in accordance with the Laws of England. The Publishers reserve the right to pursue unpaid advertisement orders through the Courts.